[Dancer-users] dancer2's prototype is there, feedback needed

sukria sukria at sukria.net
Fri Sep 30 12:47:03 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I am very glad and proud to announce here that I've came up with a
prototype of dancer2 that pleases me enough to be advertised.

  -*- https://github.com/sukria/dancer2 -*-

dancer2 is a complete rewrite of Dancer aiming at providing the same
awesomeness with the following major changes:

  - no more globals in the core
  - 100% object-oriented backend (based on Moo)
  - better scoping for sub-applications
  - better design (no more encapsulation violations, Law of Demeter, ...)

The prototype I've pushed to GitHub currently covers ~80% of the DSL of
Dancer. It's able to run simple applications (it can run the PerlDancer.org
website for instance).

Of course, with your real-life applications, it will break in many places
in this current shape, and this is where you can help. I'd like to have as
many reports as possible regarding upgrades tests.

You can test very easily your app with dancer2:

  $ git clone http://github.com/sukria/dancer2.git
  $ cd YOUR_APP
  $ perl -I../dancer2/lib bin/app.pl

Also, important to know: most of the plugins may not be working well.

Thanks a lot ;)